Imphal, Oct 17
Almost all visitors in the grand Shirui Lily festival have visited Shechef corner at Tangkhul Naga Long Ground. The venue is now the talk of the Shirui Lily Festival for two reasons. One – young or old chaps finds beautiful flat nose, small eye, yellow skin charming young lady serving exotic food items both traditional and international, and two – the venue celebrate the festival to empower women of the region under the Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s auspicious “Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao” scheme.
SheChef 2019 (earlier known as ShiChef) is a cooking competition organised by Popa Restaurant in collaboration with Exotic School of Cooking as part of the Shirui Lily Festival 2019. Even though all male visitors visited the venue tt is opened for only women under the banner of “Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao”, an organiser said.
SheChef competition started yesterday right after the inaugural ceremony of Shirui Lily Festival 2019 at TNL Ground, Ukhrul. The inaugural ribbon cutting of the SheChef venue was done by MP Dr. Lorho Pfoze. He was accompanied by W. Ibohal Singh, Director, Department of Tourism, Manipur and MLA Leishiyo Keishing, 43-AC Phungyar, Ukhrul District.
The theme of the first day of SheChef was Signature Dish. Contestants prepared their own versions of commonly known indigenous dishes for an hour, after which there was a judging round.
The competition will continue for three more days with different themes for cooking.
Latest from Maheshwar Gurumayum
- Education Minister directs officials to construct seven temporary classrooms at Chadong
- Minister Biswajit launches news portal, speaks on importance of balanced reporting
- Encouraging Women’s Cricket In Manipur
- Cooperation & unity are the essential tools for inclusive development: Minister Nemcha Kipgen
- AR seize illegal contraband drugs worth 59 lakhs in Khudengthabi