Imphal, Oct 14
Normal life was severely affected in Thangmeiband Assembly Constituency today after the JAC formed against the mysterious death of Ningthoujam Babysana re-launched its agitations by shutting all kinds of everyday activities in the constituency demanding justice for the deceased minor girl by handing over the case to CBI.
Since early morning today volunteers of the JAC burnt tyres at the Manipur State Legislative Assembly area to prevent any movement along the route. Shops and all business establishments remain close in the assembly constituency and the street looks deserted.
At around noon large number of people came out and gathered at DM College gate area and started enforcing the complete shut down by forcing all movements along the road. A large number of police force which rushed the spot dispersed the agitators by firing mock bomb and tear gas shell. Later, the police re-enforced and put the situation under control. The police also allow resuming vehicular moments on the street.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- “Retirement part of our life” Min Biswajit at Tc&I employees farewell ceremony
- Judicious journalism is a tool for good governance
- Manipur University VC Prof Adya Prasad Pandey dismissed
- MACR appreciates government but not happy over delay in approving Draft State Child Policy, 2017
- Committing crime against nature and the essence of patriotism