Kolkata, Oct 14
Manipuri in Kolkata (MIK) observed “Manipuri Poetry Day” in collaboration with the Poetry and Fiction club, Manipur, at Manipur Bhavan, Kolkata on Sunday.
The observance was attended by Vikram, Assistant Resident Deputy Commissioner, Manipur Bhavan, Kolkata as the Chief Guest while Dr. Sukham Munilkumar, Principal Scientists, ICAR- Indian Council of Agriculturat Research, Kolkata gracefully presided the occasion. N. Ranjita Sarkar, Awardee Nongthombam Kunjamohon Translation award, 2019, Poet Barja kumar Sarkar and Laishram Gopeshor also attended the observance as guests of honour respectively.
In the open reading session 12 Manipuri eminent writers recited poems.
The key note address was made by General Secretary, Roshan Khumukcham, MIK Kolkata. In his statement, he mentioned that MIK is taking this initiative to this literary event for the first time and it will continue observation in the years to come.
In the words of President and chief guest, mentioned that it is a very good sing and achievement of the event happening in Kolkata, and it should be encouraged to all and is a very good example to the young people and children too.
The function was concluded with a vote of thanks by the Women and child lead, Dr. Nunglekpam Premi Devi.
Latest from Sh Ajit
- Tension erupts after KNO cadre died in Police custody
- The changing concept of patriotism: Manipur’s perspective
- Tungjoy villagers want complete protection of Manipur government to ensure protection from Nagaland villagers
- Who was afraid of NK Sanajaoba?
- Citizens of Manipur come out voluntarily and stage peaceful protest against CAA