Imphal, Sept. 21
Chief Minister N. Biren Singh appealed the villagers of Makhan Khuman area of Senapati District to maintain calm and refrain from violence.
At a press conference held at Chief Minister’s Secretariat today, Chief Minister appealed both sides to resolve the dispute through dialogue. Chief Minister maintained that the government has already held talks with one group and will hold meeting with another side soon to resolve the situation. He said that a Ministerial team would be sent to the affected area, if required. He maintained that prohibitory order under section 144 of CrPC has been imposed to control the situation and to maintain peace in the area.
Mention may be made that some miscreants torched several houses at Makhan Khuman Village in Senapati district over land dispute last Tuesday.
The press conference was attended by Principal Secretary to CM Rakesh Ranjan, OSD to CM Sumant Singh and other officials.
Pinky Salam, a young and enthusiastic Reporter is working with Imphal Times since 2018. Apart from being a reporter, he is a musician and plays Guitar in his spare time. Pinky is a resident of Sagolband Salam Maning Leikai, Imphal and lives with his parents. He can be reached at [email protected]
Latest from Pinky Salam
- ‘Music video on Coronavirus awareness’
- In Thangmeiband AC local club to start distribution of Rice and dal to all family members at free of cost
- CSOs appeal to be fair while conducting drive against illegal Saw Mills
- Outreach programme on Ek Bharat Shrestha Bharat
- Arjuna Awardee Surjalata Devi files case against her husband for domestic violence