Imphal, Sept 20
Vendor ladies of Jiribam market today staged protest at the market shed protesting extortion of money from the woman traders by militants at Noney area.
The protestors said that some militants extort a sum of Rs. 500 from every woman traders selling vegetable at Jiribam area at Noney Bazar since the last week. The woman said that those going towards Tamenglong were spared but the militant forcibly extort the money from all the traders who were going towards Jiribam after collecting vegetable from Imphal.
Demanding arrest and punishment of the militants, the vendor ladies of Jiribam threaten intensified agitation if the authority fails to take up immediate action against those militants.
During the protest all shops and business establishment at Jiri keithel area remain shuts.
Jeet Akoijam, Resident Editor of Imphal Times hails from Singjamei Liwa Road. Has been with Imphal Times since its start. A National level Rugby player and a regular Trekker and Nature Lover, loves spending time in lap of Mother Nature. Jeet is the father of two lovely kids. Jeet can be contacted at [email protected]
Latest from Jeet Akoijam
- NE students join hands and staged protest at Jantar Mantar
- Protest staged urging Manipur HC for speedy disposal of cases related to crime against women and children
- NSF lauds Nagaland Govt. For extension of ILPS in the entire district of Dimapur
- Normalcy cripple in Manipur as anti-CAB protestors called total shutdown
- CPI stages sit-in-protest against CAB and Naga issue