Imphal, Sept 19
President of the All Manipur Working Journalists’ Union (AMWJU), Bijoy Kakchingtabam today came down heavily to the staffs of the Information and Public Relation over their failure in rendering their duty towards the journalists fraternity of the state.
Speaking to reporters at Manipur Press Club Bijoy Kakchingtabam said that the IPR staff seem to have lack proper knowledge of how to treat the journalists’ fraternity. He said that the staffs of the present day do not know that the accredited journalists have never been invited in the state function by the present DIPR staffs and that when enquired about it the answer they gave was, “There was no such thing that the accredited journalists should be invited in state functions”, Bijoy said and added that if the new faces in the DIPR do not now the decorum of the office, they better learn from their senior staffs who had been retired or else they can visit the media houses and learn from them.
Regarding his speech on the Foundation Day function of the AMWJU, Bijoy said that what he had stated was not for his own but for the larger interest of the Journalists’ Fraternity.
Chingkheinganba has been a journalist for more than 4+ years and is popular among the team for his reporting style. In his spare time, he teaches kids from his locality. He and his parents reside in Singjamei Chingamakha Kshetri Leikai . He holds a Masters Degree in Mass Communication from Manipur University. Chingkheinganba is available via email at [email protected]
Latest from Salam Chingkheinganba
- NEFIS stages protest rally at MU demanding Anti Sexual Harassment Committee in MU
- State Congress activists burnt effigy of Manohar Lal; This is a totalitarian regime, we are not allowed to stage democratic protest - Gaikhangam
- Manipur has everything in the field of art & culture: Prahlad Singh Patel
- SheChef Season 2; Shirui Lily Festival 2019
- Yoga can be an effective tool to counter the menace of substance abuse: Dr. Najma Heptulla