Imphal, Sept. 19
United Committee Manipur (UCM) today warn the BJP of serious consequences if the territorial boundary of the state is affected while solving the issue of the NSCN-IM.
“The ruling BJP government should be held responsible if the territorial boundary of the Manipur is affected while solving the issue of the NSCN-IM”, said Athouba Khuraijam while talking to the One Day Public Alert Meeting on the Possible Settlement of Naga Peace Accord at Lamyanba Sanglen today.
He said that anything happen out of the peace accord that changes the fate of the state should be held responsible by the MLAs and Ministers.
Athouba said that when the fate of the state is at critical juncture the MLAs of the ruling party are fighting for power.
“It has been 3 moths that the MLAs are fighting for powers”, Athouba said warning them to held responsibility if any changes is made to the territorial boundary of the state while solving the issue of the NSCN-IM.
He said that the India government imposed President rule in the state of Jammu and Kashmir and during that the Article 270 was abrogated. Such circumstances cannot be ruled out in the case of Manipur.
Athouba said that if the Government of India takes advantage of the present political crisis and distort the integrity of the state then the MLAs should be held responsible.
Athouba also appealed Government of India not to create 10 problems in solving one problem.
“If they make 10 problems while trying to solve one problem then such a solution have no meaning” The General Secretary of UCM said.
The meet also reminded on how the NSCN-IM had slaughter many Kuki civilians including women and children.
Various representatives of different civil society organization also attended in the meeting and expressed their opinion on how the people of the state should respond.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- CM co-chaired MoS Home GK Reddy in Security review meeting held ahead of the final settlement with NSCN-IM
- We definitely want a solution of the NSCN-IM and that could be empowering the ADCs
- UCM says ‘No’ to Pan Naga Cultural Body, Autonomous Naga Council or extension of Article 371(A) to Manipur
- Any settlement with the NSCN-IM that may hurt the sentiment of the People will not be tolerated – MPCC
- Union MoS Home K Reddy greeted with slogans to protect territorial integrity of Manipur