Imphal, Sept 18
“Seventy percent of the livelihoods of Manipuri people are associated with bamboo products”, MP Dr. RK Ranjan said while delivering speech on World Bamboo Day celebration at Lamyanba Shanglen today. The celebration was organised by Bamboo Forum of India.
“Bamboo Mission Manipur should focus more on this to make sure that Make in Manipur become successful”, Ranjan said.
He appealed the people of the state particularly the unemployed youth of the state to inject Bamboo technology to generate employment.
He added that Bamboo is the timber of the poor however people of the state could not utilized economically by adding value.
“Even the first Church in the state which was constructed at Porompat was built by Bamboo”, Ranjan said. He further added that Bamboo Shoots and other edible products of bamboo can make the people economically viable.
Latest from Ashinikumar Mutum
- Manipur Shiva Sena urges all political party’s meet; criticizes CM
- Weavers wishes to include Handlooms and Handicrafts in school curriculums
- Awareness Camp on Skill Development
- MSWDC Chairperson assures free training on weaving, embroidery and tailoring to destitute women
- Left parties launch Nationwide Movement in Manipur