Imphal, Sept 18
Minister for Information and Public Relation, Th. Bishwajit today said that there is no misuse or misappropriation of funds for Journalists’ Pension Scheme. Reacting to a allegation during the Foundation Day Function of All Manipur Working Journalists’ Union (AMWJU), Bishwajit said that there is no way that the DIPR can misuse or misappropriate the fund for Journalists’ pension scheme. He said that the fund for the journalists’ pension scheme is a corpus fund and there is no way that the department can misuse it.
The IPR Minister said that the fund for the pension scheme has been fixed deposited under the Kishan Vikas Pattra at Post office. He said that the department has record of all expenditures from 1991 till date and that the account can be checked at any moment.
“The fund for pension scheme was opened on 9-1-1991 with an amount of 15,386/- only”, Bishwajit said.
He added that on 22-10-2001 the fund was raised to Rs. 10 lakhs and deposited at Post Office under fixed deposit scheme Kishan Vikas Pattra. Except in 2016-17 there was no lapse to the fund and the DIPR is maintaining all record. If anybody wants to question why there was a lapse Bishwajit said that it should be questioned to those officials of that time.
Latest from William Gurumayum
- ‘Apprenticeship training is one of the efficient ways to develop skilled Manpower’
- Education Minister launches comic textbook on Environmental Studies
- Minister Shyamkumar distributes vegetable seeds to 32 selected farmers of 12 districts
- Shirui Lily Festival – Shechef celebrates with a cause
- Nazareth to rock the opening day Shirui Lily festival, Extreme band to perform on October 19