Imphal Sept. 12
Based on specific information regarding presence of NSCN (IM) cadre, troops of Indian Army along with police representative launched an operation in general area Namsa on 09 Sep 2019 and recovered large quantities of arms and ammunition.
On specific search of the house of SS Lt Akho of NSCN(IM) in the area, troops recovered two AK 47s, one HK and one Semi Automatic rifle, six magazines, four grenades of Under Barrel Grenade Launcher, one Improvised Explosive Device with Remote Control, assorted ammunition (191 rounds of 5.56 mm and 478 rounds of 7.62 mm), two radio sets with one spare bty, Rs 2,18,000/- in cash, extortion slips and other warlike stores.
Inspite of the peace talks with Government of India, NSCN(IM) has continued to resort to forced extortion and illegal activities which are in gross violation of Ceasefire Ground Rules, thereby violating the peace and tranquility in the region.
The recovered items have been handed over to Tizit Police Station at Namsa for further investigation.
Latest from William Gurumayum
- IPR Minister clarifies regarding allegation about misuse of Journalists’ fund
- 13th foundation day of Manipur State Commission for Women held; State to Host Two Days United Nations Conference: Guv Najma Heptulla
- Health Minister Jayantakumar Singh flags off Ayushman Bharat Pakhwara Rally from Kangla
- CRPF distributes Water Storage Tank to marginalized peoples of Mongsangei area
- PWD, PHED discuss ways to minimise public inconveniences