Imphal, Sept. 11
A joint meeting of the Public Works Department and the Public Health and Engineering Department was held today at the conference hall of the New Secretariat office of Public Works Minister Thongam Biswajit Singh.
Along with Biswajit, the meeting was also attended by PHE Minister Losii Dikho. During the meeting, engineers and officials of both departments highlighted their grievances.
The main issue highlighted during the meeting was the inconveniences caused to the public due to road excavations works for water pipeline laying along the roads especially in the valley districts of Imphal East, West, Bishnupur and Thoubal. PWD officials highlighted that during monsoon season covering of the road portions by mud after laying of pipelines create potholes leading to inconveniences for the public.
The Ministers along with the concerned officials and engineers of the two departments discussed ways and means to control such inconveniences.
Biswajit said both departments provide essential services to the public and further expressed the need for both departments to communicate and coordinate with one another. He said the departments should also inform the public through different media platforms about any ongoing project beforehand.
Dikho also expressed the need for the departments to communicate and coordinate.
Today’s meeting was also attended by Additional Chief Secretary Suhel Akhtar among other officials of both departments.
Latest from William Gurumayum
- IPR Minister clarifies regarding allegation about misuse of Journalists’ fund
- 13th foundation day of Manipur State Commission for Women held; State to Host Two Days United Nations Conference: Guv Najma Heptulla
- Health Minister Jayantakumar Singh flags off Ayushman Bharat Pakhwara Rally from Kangla
- CRPF distributes Water Storage Tank to marginalized peoples of Mongsangei area
- ARMY recovers large quantities of weapons and warlike stores in Namsa