Imphal, Sep 10,
World and Biodiversity Conservation Committee (WBCC) Manipur, Heirok branch, today rounded up two persons while they were fishing with electric equipment at Heirok River Malei Tampak Dam.
A statement signed by WBCC, Secy. Heirok Branch, Ibomcha Ningthoujam said that the equipments used in electro fishing such as battery, electric convertor, two bamboo stick and a fishing net were recovered from them. He added that the committee counseled the duo about the demerits of electro fishing and its effect to the environment. He further said that the committee advised the duo not to repeat electro fishing in the near future also if repeat it again they will face punishment with the help of law. Later, they were handed to their family.
Rabi Takhellambam, a resident of Kairembikhok Mayai Leikai, ThoubaI District has been in the field of Journalism for more than 10 years. Rabi, is well known for his reporting from Thoubal side and Indo-Myanmar border. Rabi is also a member of All Manipur Working Journalist Union, the parent body of Journalist Union in Manipur. He can be contacted by email at [email protected]
Latest from Rabi Takhellambam
- 3 from Manipur arrested with Rs. 2.5 crores worth heroin in Meghalaya
- Police cracks gangster involving in organized crime
- RNBA 3rd Children festival begins
- CJM Thoubal directs CBI to conduct further investigation on extra judicial killing of Ningthoujam Thopchao in Manipur
- Pro CAA demonstration staged at Khangabok