Imphal, Sept 9
Legendary Manipuri fusion singer Loukrakpam Jayenta commonly known as Tapta was conferred Inspirational Singer of Manipur award by Manipur University Students Union (MUSU) today.
The award was given during a one day seminar on ‘Tapta and Social Relevance of his lyrics’ which was organized by MUSU at the Senate hall of Department of Earth Science MU.
Addressing in the inaugural function as the Guest of Honour, Dean School of Humanities of MU Professor Ch Yaswanta said that the relevance of the lyrics still holds in the present socio political scenario. He added that the uniqueness of Tapta lies in the divergence from the Traditional way of singing and the lyrics for that song,
Yashwanta said that his songs were the reflection of the society and he only shows the scene of the society in its own unique way.
Chief Guest of the function Professor Th. Ratankumar who is the Dean of Students Welfare stressed that Tapta is not only an entertainer but the lyrics of his songs can be put in the Academics.
He also added that entertainment can be used as a medium to change and polish the society.
Addressing the function Tapta said that he was shocked to confer such an award to him and added that he is just a simple mere person.
Around 6 resource persons presented papers on the Social relevance of the lyrics of Tapta.
Chingkheinganba has been a journalist for more than 4+ years and is popular among the team for his reporting style. In his spare time, he teaches kids from his locality. He and his parents reside in Singjamei Chingamakha Kshetri Leikai . He holds a Masters Degree in Mass Communication from Manipur University. Chingkheinganba is available via email at [email protected]
Latest from Salam Chingkheinganba
- MUSU form committee to restructure crumbling Academic Environment of Manipur University
- AMSU demands regular VC, Dean and Academic council for DM University; warns agitation
- Alumni and various other Students stage protest demonstrations condemning the attack on JNU
- Today’s generation needs to follow the idea which is dear to Lamyanba NK Sanajaoba ‘One for all, all for one’”
- Anti-CAB protests intensity in Ghy: People defy curfew; Army conducts flag march