Piggery Fattening unit supported by North Eastern Council, Government of India implemented by NERCORMP Chandel was inaugurated at Salemthar village, Chandel District, Manipur on 4th of September 2019 by Mrs. Lily Rose Jajo, District Project Director, NERCORMP Chandel in the presence of Salemthar Village Chief, Natural Resource Management Group (NaRMG) and other officers of NERCORMP Chandel. The piggery fattening unit is benefiting 6 families from the poorest of the poor villagers.
The main objective of the project is to enhance the livelihood of the poorest of the poor in a sustainable manner. The district project director emphasize the benefit of pig rearing as it provide supplementary income to seasonally employed rural poor which improve their livelihood.
The beneficiaries express their gratitude to NERCORMP Chandel for bringing much needed livelihood activities.
Rabi Takhellambam, a resident of Kairembikhok Mayai Leikai, ThoubaI District has been in the field of Journalism for more than 10 years. Rabi, is well known for his reporting from Thoubal side and Indo-Myanmar border. Rabi is also a member of All Manipur Working Journalist Union, the parent body of Journalist Union in Manipur. He can be contacted by email at [email protected]
Latest from Rabi Takhellambam
- Tight Security in Moreh Town but no fears to Robbers; Public feels unsecured and Business may affect due to Robbery in Highway
- KVK Thoubal lauds WRD Thoubal
- Internet Impact: Newspaper hawkers worry of losing jobs
- WBCC rounded up two persons with equipment of electro fishing
- Kakching World War II Memorial Run, Manipur 2019 held successfully with 1400 plus participants