Imphal September 3,
Assam Rifles recovered brown sugar worth approximately Rs 12.34 crores from Chelep and Moreh of Tengnoupol district on 28 August and 30 August 2019 in two separate incidents.
On 28 August 2019, based on specific input regarding smuggling of drugs and contraband items, a unit of Assam Rifles laid an ambush on Laibi - Chelep road. On detecting move of two suspicious individuals, the team challenged them, a thorough check of the individual’s bag, 300 packets of suspected brown sugar weighing approximately 12 grams each, with a total weight of 3.6 Kg and costing approximately Rs 7.20 crores were recovered.
In another incident, Assam Rifles seized huge quantity of Brown Sugar near New KLP, Moreh. 198 soap cases containing Brown Sugar neatly packed inside the body of the vehicle were recovered from the possession of Lunkhungam Haokip, 38 years son of Hunkholun Haokip, resident of Kholep village, Motbung in Kangpokpi district. The seized contraband drug weighed approximately 1.7 Kg with packaging and amounted to approximately 5.14 crores. The individual along with the contraband drug was handed over to the concerned authority.
Latest from Maheshwar Gurumayum
- Horticulture Dept sends ginger consignment to a Delhi Company
- CM, IPR Minister Visits AMWJU President, wishes him speedy recovery
- Youth Congress staged protest against price hike on LPG Cylinder
- Assam Rifles celebrates Luira Phanit and organises community service
- Education Minister visits Kasom Khullen high School