Imphal, Aug 26
Around 2500 MGNREGS Job Card Holders of Charangpat Gram Panchayat under Wangkhem Kendra have not received their annual payment for two years.
Having no idea about the whereabouts of these amounts, the card holders want the concerned authorities to look into the matter.
As expressed by Khairam Tombi, a card holder from Charangpat Maning Leikai, the job cards were with the Pradhan Members all this time. Now, when they handed it over, it was written on the card that Rs. 2090 was paid, but they had received only Rs. 200, he said. Not only him, but other card holders are also facing the same issue, Tombi said, and want the concerned authorities to find out who is taking this extra amount. Thiyam Nene also expressed that the card holders under this Gram Panchayat have been working regularly from time to time, but they got only Rs. 200 for 2018 and 2019.
When they complained to the Panchayat, they were ridiculed and mocked by saying, why do they want money without working. Therefore, Nene requests the concerned people and authorities to look into the matter and let the workers get their wages, fairly.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- Government issues fresh SOP: Flight passengers to be quarantined
- Where have the PDS rice allocated for non-voters or non-card holders gone at some assembly constituency?
- Lockdown turn out to be a boon for infertile couple – Dr. James
- Fighting COVID-19: lockdown is not the best policy – RPF
- Legitimacy to the granting of Lhukhosei Zou on bail by Justice A. Noutuneshwari questioned