Imphal, Aug 21,
Speaker, Manipur Legislative Assembly Khemchand Singh presented the Manipur State Award for Literature 2018-19 to the renowned author Rajkumar Bhubonsana. The prestigious Award was presented during an observation ceremony of Manipuri Language Day organised by Directorate of Language Planning & Implementation, Government of Manipur held yesterday at Jawaharlal Nehru Manipur Dance Academy, Imphal.
Manipuri Language along with Konkani and Nepali were included in the 8th Schedule of the Indian Constitution with the Constitution (Seventy-first Amendment) Act, 1992.
Delivering his speech as Chief Guest, Y. Khemchand recalled the contributions and work of early litterateurs of Manipuri Literature to the inclusion Manipur Language in the 8th Schedule of the Indian Constitution on 20th August, 1992. Presentation of such Award in recognition of writer’s contribution to Manipuri Literature is important to preserve and promote the age-old literary work of the state, he added.
It may be mentioned that the Manipuri State Award for Literature was instituted by the Government of Manipur in 2008 to honour Manipuri writers and recognise their contributions to Manipuri Literature. The Award is given every year to the author of the most outstanding book, first published during the last five years. The Award includes a plaque, a citation, cash component of Rs. 3 lakh and a shawl. Rajkumar Bhubonsana has been chosen for the Award in recognition for his poetry compendium titled “Kellaba Unasing” (Fallen Leaves) published on 2014.
During the function, Y. Khemchand also launched some online books including Manipuri Version of important National Schemes, All Meetei Mayek Textbooks & Reference Books for BA Students (Semester I- IV) under MU and DMU and Online Advanced Learner’s Dictionary of Manipuri English.
Commissioner, Education(S), Government of Manipur T. Ranjit Singh attended the function as Guest of Honour. Many renowned writers and authors of Manipuri Literature were also seen at the function.
Latest from Maheshwar Gurumayum
- No new case of COVID-19 in Manipur; One Page admin arrested for releasing fake photo
- First COVID-19 case in Manipur confirmed; Curfew imposed in Imphal West & East District
- Manipur government declare total shut down till March 31; Ration card, CMHT card holders to get PDS item free of cost; Grocery shops and emergency service exempted
- Minister Nemcha Kipgen calls for peaceful co-existence & sense of brotherhood; Extended relief assistance to affected victims
- ‘Saving lives is the top priority, economy and others will follow’; CM appeals people to support “Janata Curfew” on March 22