Imphal, Aug 21,
Five students whose selection was facilitated by Assam Rifles through Jettwings have realized their dreams when they were recruited by major players in the Aviation industry. 10 Sector Assam Rifles has been regularly coordinating and facilitating selection examinations cum interviews at Ukhrul through Jettwings, a Guwahati based Institute for young students to join the Aviation and Hospitality Sector. This initiative of Assam Rifles has enabled selection of 64 candidates in 2018 and 45 candidates in July 2019 from Ukhrul and Kamjong district to realise their dreams. The training of these candidates is being fully sponsored under Government’s Skill India Mission. Assam Rifles has stepped in as enabler and coordinated with the institute to send it’s teams to Ukhrul for the selections. Assam Rifles has been encouraging children from remote border villages to appear for the exams and guiding them to prepare for the interviews.
Recently five of the trainees from 2018 batch have been selected as Air Crew in Air Asia, Go Air and Indigo airlines. These students from the Hills are sure to achieve success and emerge as role models for the other youth in the area. As these proud ambassadors of the Hills go out to explore the world they bring back message of peace and development, ushering hope for many more. Such life changing initiatives are creating lasting bonds between the soldiers and the natives.
Latest from William Gurumayum
- CRPF distributes Water Storage Tank to marginalized peoples of Mongsangei area
- ARMY recovers large quantities of weapons and warlike stores in Namsa
- PWD, PHED discuss ways to minimise public inconveniences
- 7th Economic Census 2019 Launched In Churachandpur and Pherzawl
- 1st CSR Conclave of the North East; CM invites corporate for partnership with state government