Jiribam, Aug 17,
Labourers of FCI, FSD Jiribam has begun cease work strike by staging sit-in-protest at Jiribam Rail Head since yesterday morning.
The labourers are demanding increase of charges for unloading and loading of rice bags and began their agitation since August 13. Earlier the labourers had staged a rally.
At present the wage for loading and unloading of 50kg rice bags at FCI Jiribam is Rs 2, which they feel is antiquated.
They have been demanding to increase their wage to Rs 6 for loading and unloading per 50kg rice bags. The labourers also denied to accept July 2019 wage.
“Due to no positive response from the handling contractor M/S Mathai Enterprises, we will continue our agitation with a sit-in-protest and cease work which will be followed by vigorous agitations from various other FCI depots of Manipur”, a representative of the CAF&PD Labourers’ Welfare Association, which is spearheading the agitation said.
Pinky Salam, a young and enthusiastic Reporter is working with Imphal Times since 2018. Apart from being a reporter, he is a musician and plays Guitar in his spare time. Pinky is a resident of Sagolband Salam Maning Leikai, Imphal and lives with his parents. He can be reached at [email protected]
Latest from Pinky Salam
- CSOs appeal to be fair while conducting drive against illegal Saw Mills
- Outreach programme on Ek Bharat Shrestha Bharat
- Arjuna Awardee Surjalata Devi files case against her husband for domestic violence
- Machi High School condition in dilapidated condition despite government promises to improve it
- Fishery Skill Development (SKD) Training Programme held