Art & Culture Minister L. Jayantakumar Singh today handed over Cheques Amounting Rs. 57,50000 (fifty seven lakhs and fifty thousand) to five ADCs of the state. The autonomous district councils includeChandel, Churachandpur, Ukhrul, Tamenglong and Senapati. The cheques were distributed under the Art & Culture Department, Government of Manipur in the presence of the media persons at the conference hall of the minister at old Secretariat Complex.
Speaking at the occasion Minister Jayantakumar said that the government is committed to develop and promote art & cultural activities of the state which is indigenous in nature. He said that despite financial constraints of the state the art and culture department is initiating all possible measures to boost the rich art and culture of the state. Each autonomous districts received two different chequesbearing a value of Rs.7,00,000/- (Seven lakh) and Rs. 4,50000 (four lakh fifty thousand) respectively. Rs. 7,00,000/- (Seven lakh) is meant for development of District Library and Rs. 4,50000 (four lakh fifty thousand) is meant for development of indigenous form of art and culture, minister added. The amount is released for the year 20018-19.Minister also assured to increase the amount in the coming years.
Director Art & Culture, A. Shivdas Sharma, Joint Director, ShriKesorjit Singh, representatives and officials from ADCs were also present at the occasion.
Latest from Maheshwar Gurumayum
- No new case of COVID-19 in Manipur; One Page admin arrested for releasing fake photo
- First COVID-19 case in Manipur confirmed; Curfew imposed in Imphal West & East District
- Manipur government declare total shut down till March 31; Ration card, CMHT card holders to get PDS item free of cost; Grocery shops and emergency service exempted
- Minister Nemcha Kipgen calls for peaceful co-existence & sense of brotherhood; Extended relief assistance to affected victims
- ‘Saving lives is the top priority, economy and others will follow’; CM appeals people to support “Janata Curfew” on March 22