Imphal Aug 11,
Several sit-in-protest against the mysterious death of Babysana were staged in many parts of Imphal today.
Sit in protest demanding justice to Babysana along the Uripok Kanchup road from Uripok Panchi Maning Leikai looms at many places along the Uripok Kangchup road.
Speaking to media persons Secretary of Uripok Laikhurembi Women’s Organisation Sagolshem Premabati strongly condemned for not bringing out the culprit even after 20 days of investigation. She further said that they didn’t believed that the case of Babysana as suicide because she doesn’t attain the age for having suicidal thoughts.
Premabati further urged to quicken the investigation and deliver justice to the deceased Babysana.
The sit in protest was held at Uripok Laikhurembi, Uripok Panchai Maning Leikai, Uripok Tourangbam Leikai, Uripok Achom Leikai, Uripok Khumanthem Leikai, Uripok Yambem Leikai, Uripok Ahanthem Leikai, Uripok Ningthoukhongjam Leikai, Nagampal Singjubung Leikai which was organised by its respective clubs and Meira Paibis.
Police personnel dispersed the sit in protest around 2 in the evening.
Chingkheinganba has been a journalist for more than 4+ years and is popular among the team for his reporting style. In his spare time, he teaches kids from his locality. He and his parents reside in Singjamei Chingamakha Kshetri Leikai . He holds a Masters Degree in Mass Communication from Manipur University. Chingkheinganba is available via email at [email protected]
Latest from Salam Chingkheinganba
- Okram Joy threatens to throng at assembly if house fails to recognise Sanamahi as minority religion
- Concerned Citizens staged cycle rally for Freedom of Speech
- MUSU form committee to restructure crumbling Academic Environment of Manipur University
- AMSU demands regular VC, Dean and Academic council for DM University; warns agitation
- Alumni and various other Students stage protest demonstrations condemning the attack on JNU