Imphal Aug 11,
Moreh Battalion of 26 Sector Assam Rifles under the aegis of IGAR (South) organised monthly village Chief/Secretary meeting at T-Minou on yesterday. Village Chiefs, Secretaries and villagers attended the meeting. The various requirements in village to include the projects to taken up under BADP was discussed.
The recent developments and security situation with respect to the forthcoming Independent Day was deliberated upon. The importance for maintaining peace and harmony in the area was discussed in detail during the meeting. Village Chiefs/Secretary have agreed to maintain close liaison with Assam Rifles the border guarding force, they assured their wholehearted support in the overall aim and larger interest. A total of 14 village chiefs attended the meeting.
The other agenda points of the meeting included security aspects and exchange of info. The village Chiefs and Secretaries thanked Assam Rifles for its efforts to ensure peace and tranquility in the area. They also assured their whole hearted cooperation with Assam Rifles in future also.
Latest from William Gurumayum
- Assam Rifle inaugurates vocational training centre and distributes solar power systems
- Manipur State Journalist Awards, 2019 conferred to 8 journalists on National Press Day
- Manju Diler visits Ccpur, takes stock of manual Labourers’ Plight
- Children should be acquainted with the beauty of nature for harmonious living: Deputy CM
- Minister Shyamkumar launches green bag at Ima Market; 2 Lakhs Green Paper Bag Distributed To Curb Plastic Pollution