Imphal Aug 11,
The recent developments and security situation with respect to the forthcoming Independent Day was deliberated upon. The importance for maintaining peace and harmony in the area was discussed in detail during the meeting. Village Chiefs/Secretary have agreed to maintain close liaison with Assam Rifles the border guarding force, they assured their wholehearted support in the overall aim and larger interest. A total of 14 village chiefs attended the meeting.
The other agenda points of the meeting included security aspects and exchange of info. The village Chiefs and Secretaries thanked Assam Rifles for its efforts to ensure peace and tranquility in the area. They also assured their whole hearted cooperation with Assam Rifles in future also.
Latest from William Gurumayum
- Manipur Lokayukta Website Launched; Lokayukta Will Work For The Interest Of The Public: Chairperson Nandakumar Singh
- Manipur is a land of resources : Minister Jayantakumar
- Collective Effort Can Achieve CM’s Green Manipur Mission Sooner: Forest Minister
- Assam Rifles saves snake bite victims
- DC Imphal East Reviews Preparedness Ahead of 7th Economic Census