Imphal Aug 8,
The 12th hour shut down in Thangmeiband area called by JAC against the death of Babysana has crippled the normal lives in and around the area. Shops were closed and the vehicular movement is very scarce.
Not only in Thangmeiband area but shops and other business establishment in and around Thangal Bazar area were also affected during the 12 hour total shut down.
Large number of protestors came out on the road in Thangmiband area and blocked it. The bandh supporter also burnt Tyres on the road to prevent vehicular movement.
The angry protestors also burnt the effigy of the founder and principal of Standarth Robarth, Landhoni at Khuyathong Polem Leikai. They shouted Landhoni the killer and also demand justice to Babysana.
On the other hand state government also deployed huge number of police personnel around the Thangmeiband area to prevent any untoward incident. The police patrol in and every alley of Thangmeiband to control the protestors.
Several tear gas and smoke bombs were fired to disperse the protestors.
Meanwhile hundreds of Churachand higher Secondary School students marched a protest rally against the death of Babysana. The students started marching from their school passing palace compound and Checkon. The marched was halted by police personnel at Minuthong bridge.
Confrontation between the police and students took place. Several tear gas were fired to dispersed the protestors injuring one student.
The students roared the streets demanding justice to Babysana.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- ‘Dignified way for return of Kashmiri Pandits obligatory’
- Manipur Governor Opens XIIth State Level Manipur Pineapple Festival at Khousabung; Calls on the need for opening of Cold Storage
- To the rescue for the degrading environment ; we can do it
- 12 injured in rally demanding justice for Reamei Chungamlu; JAC calls indefinite blockade at NHs and shuts all project in Zeliangrong area
- WHAT VOWS DOES A CATHOLIC PRIEST TAKE?