Krishi Vigyan Kendra, Chandel organized the time-bound and mission-mode water conservation and irrigation efficiency campaign for water security-Jal Shakti Abhiyan campaign for farmers of Tampi, Chakpikarong,Tampi and Ruwngchang Villages today.
The campaign envisions helping people to plan and work for rainwater harvesting, maintenance and upkeep of ponds and village tanks and conservation of water. This campaign in the district of Chandel will ensure 5 important water conservation interventions-rainwater harvesting, renovation of traditional and other water bodies, reuse of water and recharging of structures, watershed development and intensive afforestation. These water conservation efforts will also be supplemented with special interventions including the development of block and district water conservation plans and KVK melas, promotion of efficient water use for irrigation and better choice in crops through KVKs.
Hopefully, successful implementation of this campaign will lead to increase in soil moisture in farmers’ fields, groundwater level, surface water storage capacity, and increased crop production. The staffs of the KVK namely Dr. Ameeta, Dr. Prabhabati and Dr Ch. Sunil too were present in the campaign.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- ‘Dignified way for return of Kashmiri Pandits obligatory’
- Manipur Governor Opens XIIth State Level Manipur Pineapple Festival at Khousabung; Calls on the need for opening of Cold Storage
- To the rescue for the degrading environment ; we can do it
- 12 injured in rally demanding justice for Reamei Chungamlu; JAC calls indefinite blockade at NHs and shuts all project in Zeliangrong area
- WHAT VOWS DOES A CATHOLIC PRIEST TAKE?