The Nehru Yuva Kendra Chandel has launched Swachhata Pakhwada (cleanliness fortnight) from August 1 at Charangching Khullen Village.
In connection with the programme a seminar cum discussion on swachhata Pakhwada was held at Purum Pantha village initiated by the Youth club of the village.
Speaking at the event the resource person Mr. Dearson Tongtang, District Consultant, Poshan Abhiyan Chandel spoke to the participants about the need of the keeping once surroundings clean and sanitised. He spoke on the relation between cleanliness and health. He invited upon the youths to continue keeping the village clean and environmentally friendly.
The UNV district Youth Coordinator Ng Rameson Monsang praised the youths for the continuous efforts for trying to maintain their village as a clean and plastic free village. He urged them to carry forward the wish of Prime Minister through Swachhata Pakhwada as part of their daily life.
The youth President Mr. Setpuwon and Circle youth Leader Mr. SK Shedwar were present with youth clubs leaders from the neighbouring villages. Around 250 participants had attended the program. Swachhata Pakhwada under NYK Chandel will continue officially till 15th of August 2019.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- ‘Dignified way for return of Kashmiri Pandits obligatory’
- Manipur Governor Opens XIIth State Level Manipur Pineapple Festival at Khousabung; Calls on the need for opening of Cold Storage
- To the rescue for the degrading environment ; we can do it
- 12 injured in rally demanding justice for Reamei Chungamlu; JAC calls indefinite blockade at NHs and shuts all project in Zeliangrong area
- WHAT VOWS DOES A CATHOLIC PRIEST TAKE?