Imphal, Aug 7,
Assam Rifles Battalion under the aegis of HQ IGAR (South) successfully foiled an attempt by miscreants (likely UGs) to perpetrate an untoward incident in the run up to Independence Day 2019 by recovering large quantity of explosives.
In the view of the heightened security situation leading to Independence Day 2019, the AR Battalion had deployed number of troops along the Indo-Myanmar Border to prevent any action by the UGs. On the night of 03 August, one of the teams detected and prevented the movement of likely UGs into Indian territory from Myanmar. The UGs taking advantage of hours of darkness and heavy rains disengaged themselves from the pursuing security forces and fled from the scene. A deliberate search operation was carried out the next day wherein large cache of war like stores to include four Chinese made hand grenades, 21 locally made unmarked hand grenades, one mine, 29 detonators and 12 Kg of gelatin was recovered. The recovered items have been handed over to police for investigation.
The activity seemed likely to be an attempt by UGs to perpetrate a major incident in Manipur in the run up of Independence Day 2019. The vigil and timely action by Assam Rifles troops have prevented any major mishap that could have occurred in the days to come.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- “Retirement part of our life” Min Biswajit at Tc&I employees farewell ceremony
- Judicious journalism is a tool for good governance
- Manipur University VC Prof Adya Prasad Pandey dismissed
- MACR appreciates government but not happy over delay in approving Draft State Child Policy, 2017
- Committing crime against nature and the essence of patriotism