Imphal, Aug 7,
In the view of the heightened security situation leading to Independence Day 2019, the AR Battalion had deployed number of troops along the Indo-Myanmar Border to prevent any action by the UGs. On the night of 03 August, one of the teams detected and prevented the movement of likely UGs into Indian territory from Myanmar. The UGs taking advantage of hours of darkness and heavy rains disengaged themselves from the pursuing security forces and fled from the scene. A deliberate search operation was carried out the next day wherein large cache of war like stores to include four Chinese made hand grenades, 21 locally made unmarked hand grenades, one mine, 29 detonators and 12 Kg of gelatin was recovered. The recovered items have been handed over to police for investigation.
The activity seemed likely to be an attempt by UGs to perpetrate a major incident in Manipur in the run up of Independence Day 2019. The vigil and timely action by Assam Rifles troops have prevented any major mishap that could have occurred in the days to come.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- ‘Dignified way for return of Kashmiri Pandits obligatory’
- Manipur Governor Opens XIIth State Level Manipur Pineapple Festival at Khousabung; Calls on the need for opening of Cold Storage
- To the rescue for the degrading environment ; we can do it
- 12 injured in rally demanding justice for Reamei Chungamlu; JAC calls indefinite blockade at NHs and shuts all project in Zeliangrong area
- WHAT VOWS DOES A CATHOLIC PRIEST TAKE?