Imphal, Aug 6,
The Union Government led by BJP announced the scrapping of Article 370 and Article 35A which gives special status to Jammu and Kashmir. Not only this the Union Government dismantled the state by bifurcating two Union Territories - Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh . It is an attack on the Indian Constitution and the people of Jammu and Kashmir, a statement by CPI-M state Unit said in a press statement.
It added that the people of Kashmir had acceded to India in the face of invaders from Pakistan and a solemn commitment had been made to them by the Indian State to provide them with special status and autonomy which was embodied in Article 370.
The Modi government has betrayed the people of Jammu and Kashmir by going back on this commitment.
The CPI-M Manipur also lashed the combined BJP-RSS rulers of the country for treating Jammu and Kashmir as “occupied territory “.
“Trampling on the Constitution, they were converting Jammu-Kashmir and Ladakh as two centrally-ruled Union Territories. This is the biggest attack on national unity and the concept of India as a Union of States” , it added .
The major security build up ahead of the announcement and the keeping of opposition Kashmiri leaders under house arrest shows that the Modi government is imposing its diktats without the consent of the people. This is harmful for the unity and integrity of India.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- ‘Dignified way for return of Kashmiri Pandits obligatory’
- Manipur Governor Opens XIIth State Level Manipur Pineapple Festival at Khousabung; Calls on the need for opening of Cold Storage
- To the rescue for the degrading environment ; we can do it
- 12 injured in rally demanding justice for Reamei Chungamlu; JAC calls indefinite blockade at NHs and shuts all project in Zeliangrong area
- WHAT VOWS DOES A CATHOLIC PRIEST TAKE?