Imphal Aug 5,
Moltuk Battalion of 26 Sector Assam Rifles under the aegis of IGAR (South) organised Defence Personnel Day in connection with the ‘Jal Shakti Abhiyan’ on yesterday. The event was aimed at security forces contributing towards an inclusive effort for ensuring the success of the campaign, which focuses on improving the water table in 256 water stressed districts across India.
On the day of the event, the dedicated team of Moltuk battalion interacted with the locals and highlighted the five aspects of Jal Shakti Abhiyan viz water conservation, rainwater harvesting, renovation of traditional and other water bodies, reuse of water and recharging of structures, watershed development and intensive afforestation. Thereafter, a widespread tree-plantation drive was organised with large-scale involvement of security forces and locals. More than 3000 saplings were planted in the Khengjoi Sub Division with fruit bearing trees planted along the inner circles of the villages and bigger canopy trees further to the outer periphery.
Efforts of the battalion for its contribution in the plantation drive and helping them to deal with water scarcity in the region were appreciated by the locals. The event concluded with the collective resolve of carrying out more such initiative in future and also ensuring the survivability of the saplings planted during the plantation drive.
Latest from William Gurumayum
- Manipur Lokayukta Website Launched; Lokayukta Will Work For The Interest Of The Public: Chairperson Nandakumar Singh
- Manipur is a land of resources : Minister Jayantakumar
- Collective Effort Can Achieve CM’s Green Manipur Mission Sooner: Forest Minister
- Assam Rifles saves snake bite victims
- DC Imphal East Reviews Preparedness Ahead of 7th Economic Census