Imphal Aug 5,
Assam Rifles Battalion under the aegis of HQ IGAR (South) in a joint operation with Manipur Police apprehended three cadres of proscribed group KCP (PWG) including a Self Styled Corporal along with arms and ammunition on 28 July 2019 from Imphal, Manipur.
Based on a specific input regarding movement of some cadres of the proscribed group in the area in and around Imphal, a joint team of troops of Assam Rifles and Manipur Police apprehended three cadres of KCP (PWG) and recovered two point 32 Pistols and 12 live rounds from them.
The operation is being seen as a major success by the joint team and has yet again reinforced the commitment of the security forces and Police in defeating the nefarious designs of the insurgent groups and ensuring security in Manipur.
Pinky Salam, a young and enthusiastic Reporter is working with Imphal Times since 2018. Apart from being a reporter, he is a musician and plays Guitar in his spare time. Pinky is a resident of Sagolband Salam Maning Leikai, Imphal and lives with his parents. He can be reached at [email protected]
Latest from Pinky Salam
- Arjuna Awardee Surjalata Devi files case against her husband for domestic violence
- Machi High School condition in dilapidated condition despite government promises to improve it
- Fishery Skill Development (SKD) Training Programme held
- Raja Goukhothang Guite Football Memoriam 2020: United Khawzim Brothers face fellow Manipur State League outfit Sagolband United in a blockbuster final show
- New NPP office inaugurated at Churachandpur