Imphal Aug 3,
Believing to have celebrated from prehistoric times by the Meetei which highlights the relevance of water and its ecology ‘Thawan Ethumba’ a ritual offering to the god of water was observe today at Thanga Ngakharembi Ground.
The ritual of Thawan Ethumba was organised by Laining Amadi Enat Yokhatpa Apunba Malem (LAIYAM).
Speaking to media persons President of LAIYAM Moirangthem Meghachandra said that the ritual is related to the save and cleanse the basic element of life which is water. He further said that the day is observed as a belief that water was made on this day.
And also the rituals was also related with women cleansing their circulations, he added.
He reminded that the ritual was held at Khwairamband keithel yesteryear.
The ritual of Thawan Ethamba was observed on the third day of Thawan every year.
MLA of Thanga T. Robindro, Sintak Purel of LAIYAM Loitongbam Iboyaima, Upadhaksya of Bishnupur N. Dinesh, Pradhan of Thanga part 1 O.Romen were also present in the ritual ceremony.
Pinky Salam, a young and enthusiastic Reporter is working with Imphal Times since 2018. Apart from being a reporter, he is a musician and plays Guitar in his spare time. Pinky is a resident of Sagolband Salam Maning Leikai, Imphal and lives with his parents. He can be reached at [email protected]
Latest from Pinky Salam
- PFI announces award for Outstanding Contribution to Society
- Pacific Golden Achiever Award-2019 to Dr Ak. Priyokumar
- Popular Front chairman objects RSS plan to open discussion on reservation
- Foundation Course of the newly admitted MBBS students
- Manipur’s titular king Leishemba attended HUNIC conference in Thailand as Special Guest