Imphal, August 2,
Chief Minister N. Biren Singh congratulated the five Jeet Kune Do players who clinched gold medals in the recently concluded International Championship Jeet Kune Do held at Dhaka, Bangladesh from 27th – 30th July, 2019.
In his congratulatory message, the Chief Minister said that the whole State feels proud of the three Jeet Kune Do players for their feat in the Championship. Such achievement has once again proved to the world that Manipur is the Sports Powerhouse of India and the State can be rightfully claimed to be the Sports Capital of the country.
Expressing hope that the Jeet Kune Do players would bring more laurels to the country and the State, the Chief Minister conveyed his best wishes for their future career and competitions.
Ningshung Hungyo, Mashungngam Horam and Nimreiso Khodang from Ukhrul won gold medals in senior weight category while Keisham Lanchenba Singh and Omnivash Oinam from Thoubal won gold medals in sub-junior weight category.
Around 600 athletes from nine countries participated in the championship. India was represented by 8 players of which 5 were from Manipur. The team from Manipur was led by Dr. M. Ibomcha. All the 5 players from Manipur won gold medals in the championship.
It may be mentioned that Ningshung Hungyo is presently working as a coach for Wushu and Jeet Kune Do and is also a certified National Referee for the said disciplines.
Latest from William Gurumayum
- Manipur Lokayukta Website Launched; Lokayukta Will Work For The Interest Of The Public: Chairperson Nandakumar Singh
- Manipur is a land of resources : Minister Jayantakumar
- Collective Effort Can Achieve CM’s Green Manipur Mission Sooner: Forest Minister
- Assam Rifles saves snake bite victims
- DC Imphal East Reviews Preparedness Ahead of 7th Economic Census