Imphal July, 24,
The ‘ORS Week Celebration 2019’ was inaugurated today at JNIMS’s Conference Hall, Porompat. The celebration was organized by Pediatric Association of India (PAM), with the theme “ORS: The Amrut in Dehydration.”
On the occasion, Director, JNIMS Prof Th. Bhimo Singh, Medical Superintendent, JNIMS Hospital, Prof. N. Jitendra and President PAM, Dr. Kh. Ratankumar Singh graced as Chief Guest, Guest of Honour and President respectively. Secretary PAM, R.K. Rupabati Devi was also on the dais.
As part of the programme, Chief Guest of the celebration Prof Th. Bhimo Singh released a leaflet, ‘The role of Oral Rehydration Solution (ORS) in Diarrhea in Children’ and Dr. M Meenakshi presented a power point presentation on ‘Oral Rehydration Therapy’.
It may be mentioned that the Indian Academy of Pediatrics (IAP) observes ORS week every year in July including July 29 as ORS Day. IAP is saying to increase awareness on the importance of ORS. ORS saves lives of children having diarrhea. The meaning of this year’s theme “ORS: The Amrut in Dehydration” is holy water that can give immortal lives to children.
It is a wonderful medicine and also the cheapest and one of the most miraculous drug of the 20th century having power to save millions of lives
Latest from Maheshwar Gurumayum
- CM holds discussion with hill leaders on COVID-19
- Legal framework behind Lockdown, Curfew (sometime ‘total curfew’), Quarantine and Isolation in present situation of war against COVID – 19 in India
- ‘For 2nd installment ex-gratia for NSAP pensioners released’
- Vegetable flood at Wabagai; whereas Vegetable drought at Imphal during lock down due to pandemic COVID-19
- Continuing woes of people in the Green Zone of Manipur