Imphal July 24,
In an endeavour to reach out to the local population and render all possible help to locals, Moltuk Battalion of 26 Sector Assam Rifles under the aegis of IGAR (South) organised a conclave for the Village Chiefs and Secretaries in and around Khengjoi on yesterday.
The congregation of the chiefs, secretaries and the elders was aimed at identifying areas where the Army could pitch in with its efforts to alleviate the hardships being faced by the locals in such remote parts. Various issues related to lack of basic medical facilities and water shortage amongst others were highlighted. A consensus regarding implementation of rain water harvesting was arrived at. The officer of Moltuk battalion took the opportunity to inform the chiefs about the forthcoming recruitment rally for women and regarding the Battalion’s planned pre-recruitment training for aspiring women. The officer assured the Village Chief regarding conduct of regular medical checkup rounds to compensate for lack of basic medical infrastructure. The conclave concluded with a church service.
Latest from Maheshwar Gurumayum
- CM holds discussion with hill leaders on COVID-19
- Legal framework behind Lockdown, Curfew (sometime ‘total curfew’), Quarantine and Isolation in present situation of war against COVID – 19 in India
- ‘For 2nd installment ex-gratia for NSAP pensioners released’
- Vegetable flood at Wabagai; whereas Vegetable drought at Imphal during lock down due to pandemic COVID-19
- Continuing woes of people in the Green Zone of Manipur