Imphal, July 23,
Communist Party of India members took out a march today around 2: 30 pm from its party office at Rupmahal Tank, Imphal to Chief Minister’s residence and submitted a seven point memorandum on the ongoing agricultural crisis and price rise that is gripping the state. CPI Manipur statement Council stated in the memorandum that the state is facing a severe agricultural crisis, drought, price rise and fear of scarcity of food in the coming year.
Given such a situation, the party urged that the food grains ensured by National Food Security Act must be delivered to the people of the state. The state should provide necessary cheap food grains to the people given the rising price of commodities. It also urged that the state should take some preventive measures and emergency meeting of all concerned departments should be called for forming a state task force to look into the matter. The memorandum urged that the government should help the movement to declare the state drought ridden.
Irrigation must be improved and the water must be provided to the fields from rivers and other water sources and state forces such as IRB and MR must be tasked to carry these measures, the memorandum added. CPI asked the government that the peasant should be provided with seeds and fertilizers adequately in the memorandum. The concerned departments should take appropriate steps in this situation. MLA and MP local area development should be diverted to resolve this crisis.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- Shirui Lily Festival concludes with much fanfare;Governor Dr. Heptulla worries about the existence of Shirui Lily due to climate change impact
- 128th Manipur Police Raising Day Held; Government committed to uphold the territorial integrity of the state: CM
- An Introspection to the Shirui Lily Festival
- The taste of SINGJU: Manipuri traditional snack that bridge love bondage between new lovers of yesteryears
- Manipur HC quashes MPSC – 2016 main examination; directs CBI to investigate