Imphal, July 18,
A bomb was found at the gate of the residence of Thingom Sukumar, age about 50 yrs , son of Th. Shanti at Yaiskul Hiruhanba Leikai in Imphal West at around 5.30 am today.
Thingom Sukumar is the Deputy Manager of Babina Diagnostic Center. Family members said that the explosive was found lying at the gate when Th. Shanti was cleaning the area as usual.
Police team which was informed by the family members rushed to the site and with the help of Bomb Disposal Squad picked up the bomb and defused it at around 8.30 am.
Speaking to media persons Sukumar said that he had never received any threat from any persons or armed group. He said it may be a mistake of those persons in placing the bomb. He however, said that such act is condemnable and should not repeat in future as it is residential area.
Meanwhile, source of the police said that the bomb was planted in such a way to explode as it was fitted with Agarbati and the lever was tied by a thread.
So far, no group has claimed responsibility but the police had started investigation over the placing of the bomb.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- Shirui Lily Festival concludes with much fanfare;Governor Dr. Heptulla worries about the existence of Shirui Lily due to climate change impact
- 128th Manipur Police Raising Day Held; Government committed to uphold the territorial integrity of the state: CM
- An Introspection to the Shirui Lily Festival
- The taste of SINGJU: Manipuri traditional snack that bridge love bondage between new lovers of yesteryears
- Manipur HC quashes MPSC – 2016 main examination; directs CBI to investigate