Imphal, July 18,
Chief Minister of Manipur N. Biren Singh has expressed sadness at the loss of life, destruction of property and immense suffering caused to the people of Assam by the unprecedented flood.
In a letter to his Assam counterpart Sarbananda Sonowal, the Chief Minister said, “I offer my condolences to you and all those affected by the calamity and wish you a successful and smooth execution of relief efforts.”
In a press release issued to the media through DIPR, Biren said that it was really saddening that Assam had been hit by one of the worst floods of recent times.
He lamented, “Several lives have been lost or injured. Thousands are left homeless. Properties have been swept away by raging flows of water. Innumerable wildlife has been destroyed. My thoughts are with the people of Assam in these trying times.”
He further said, “I, on behalf of the people of Manipur express our deepest condolences to the people of Assam, who were affected by the unprecedented natural calamity. Manipur prays for early receding of water and speedy rehabilitation works. We stand with the people of Assam in these challenging times.”
Latest from William Gurumayum
- Minister Shyamkumar Lauds ‘School Fagathansi Mission’, Terms It As Long Term Vision Initiated Under CM For Overall Development
- Education alone can bring good change in Chandel- Letpao Haokip
- One day Seminar held on management of Yongchak and Agar
- Foundation Stone Laying Ceremony Held In Churachandpur District
- Assam Rifles Distributes Books To Mary Kom Boxing Academy