Imphal, July 14,
After MLA of Khurai Assembly Constituency along with the people of the area spark protest over non-distribution of NFSA rice to the people various people and social bodies started protesting against the irregularities committed in the distribution of NFSA rice.
Women volunteers of Wabagai Tera Pishak Meira Paibi Association today staged sit-in-protest demanding CBI enquiry to the stealing of NFSA rice at Wabagai Tera Pishak Laksmi Bazar. The protest demonstration was organised by Socialist Women Association (SWA).
Speaking to reporters, Wahengbam Lili Leima, a representative of the Meira Paibi said that even though the government had allotted 5 Kg of NFSA rice to each card holder for one month they never get the 5 KG of rice. She said that some people are hijacking their share and government needs to investigate over matter so that people get their share. She demanded CBI enquiry to the stealing of NFSA rice.
Chingkheinganba has been a journalist for more than 4+ years and is popular among the team for his reporting style. In his spare time, he teaches kids from his locality. He and his parents reside in Singjamei Chingamakha Kshetri Leikai . He holds a Masters Degree in Mass Communication from Manipur University. Chingkheinganba is available via email at [email protected]
Latest from Salam Chingkheinganba
- Detention of persons released on bail is a hideous crime - HRDM
- Union Health Minister assures to enhance medical institutions of the state
- Foundation stone laid for the first museum of tribal freedom fighters at Makhel Village in Senapati
- Four persons released through bail in July by CJM Churachandpur still in judicial custody till date
- Babysana’s case: Governor tells JAC to give 164 statement of Victim’s family at CBI