Imphal, July 13,
A group call National Revolutionary Front, Manipur today said that the outfit will start investigation to the price hike of rice in the state.
A statement by the Information and Publicity Secretary of the outfit said that a task force has been constituted to find out the root of the price hike in the state.
The outfit also recalled on how the people of the region face famine after Awa war and later at 1939 during 2nd world war. The man made famine of the region was the mass exodus of rice from the state by the British agent. In today’s Manipur the people face famine if the rice were not brought from outside the state. Thousands of paddy field had been destroyed by the Loktak project after the construction of the Ithai Barrage and following that our stomach has been looted.
If one ponder, they would understand on how the artificial famine has been happening in the region. The NRFM warns all those responsible who are the architect of the famine in the state.
Latest from Ashinikumar Mutum
- Manipur’s Ambeshori Devi & Haryana’s Tamanna enter semi-finals of Junior Women’s Boxing Nationals
- Hepatitis B & C screening camp concludes at Press Club, Guwahati scribes show excellent health status
- Max Super Speciality Hospital, Vaishali, launches Support Group for Stroke patients
- Assam Governor Professor Jagadish Mukhi to Grace the 8th Convocation of Assam Don Bosco University
- BAI announces 23-member squad for BWF World Junior Championship