Imphal, July 9,
Resident of Palace Compound, Imphal East today stage protest after garbage collectors vehicles stopped collecting garbage after the workers collecting the garbage and the driver of the vehicle were assaulted by one Telem Basanta of the locality.
According to Yumnam Ongbi Ibeyaima, Secretary of Sana Konung Meira Paibi Lup, two workers and the driver of vehicle collecting garbage from the Palace compound area were assaulted by Basanta yesterday afternoon. The person Telem Basanta allegedly gave two bullets to the worker of the vehicle and assaulted them. Basanta was picked up by a team of Imphal East Police.
The Meira Paibi appealed the government authority to cancel the gun license of Telem Basanta as they fear unwanted incident in the coming days.
Rabi Takhellambam, a resident of Kairembikhok Mayai Leikai, ThoubaI District has been in the field of Journalism for more than 10 years. Rabi, is well known for his reporting from Thoubal side and Indo-Myanmar border. Rabi is also a member of All Manipur Working Journalist Union, the parent body of Journalist Union in Manipur. He can be contacted by email at [email protected]
Latest from Rabi Takhellambam
- Normalcy disturbed during 15 hours total shut down called by AMSU in support of NESO
- Thoubal River even more polluted than Nambul River; TRCC force 19 trucks to unload sand
- KNF (N) condemns extortion threat to PMGSY
- Winter Exhibition for Differently Abled Persons
- Another heroin/ brown Sugar manufacturing factory busted by combine security force