Imphal, July 2,
Chief Minister N. Biren Singh yesterday visited different localities of Imphal West District to inspect the irrigation facilities under Minor Irrigation Department and paddy fields on the backdrop of the prevailing drought-like situation due to scanty rainfall.
He was accompanied by State Planning Board Deputy Chairman and Lamshang AC MLA S. Rajen, Secretary (Minor Irrigation/Water Resources) Smt. Jachintha Lazarus, Minor Irrigation Chief Engineer H. Brojen and other officials. The Chief Minister visited areas like Maklang Makha Leikai, Maklang Dam, Taothong Maning Leikai, Lambal Dam, Lamdeng, Khamran and Khonghampat.
Speaking to media persons, the Chief Minister said that the Government would provide water pump sets to the farmers of the localities, where water sources like rivers, streams and ponds are there within a few days. He also said that hybrid seeds, which can be harvested in short duration, would be made available to farmers. The Government would declare Manipur as a drought-hit State if the State does not receive enough rainfall, he added. Responding to a query on fertilizer availability, the Chief Minister said that the State Government has enough stock of fertilizers.
Latest from William Gurumayum
- ‘Apprenticeship training is one of the efficient ways to develop skilled Manpower’
- Education Minister launches comic textbook on Environmental Studies
- Minister Shyamkumar distributes vegetable seeds to 32 selected farmers of 12 districts
- Shirui Lily Festival – Shechef celebrates with a cause
- Nazareth to rock the opening day Shirui Lily festival, Extreme band to perform on October 19