By - Siam Sarower Jamil,
Dhaka, July 2,
The Left Democratic Alliance (LDA) has called for a half-day strike on July 7 in protest against gas tariff hike. The decision was taken at the coalition meeting.
Today, the leaders of the Left Democratic Alliance held a meeting at 11am on Monday.
After the meeting, Comrade Shah Alam, Secretary General of Communist Party of Bangladesh (CPB), said that the government has decided to increase the gas price, which is irrational. The strike will be observed from 6AM to 2PM on July 7.
According to the new tariff, households using a single burner will pay Tk 925 instead of Tk 750 a month. Those using a double burner will pay Tk 975 in place of Tk 800.
The energy regulator yesterday raised tariff for all users, saying the move would help the government bear the expenses of importing liquefied natural gas.
With this, gas tariff for households has more than doubled in the last decade.
Latest from Ashinikumar Mutum
- Manipur Shiva Sena urges all political party’s meet; criticizes CM
- Weavers wishes to include Handlooms and Handicrafts in school curriculums
- Awareness Camp on Skill Development
- MSWDC Chairperson assures free training on weaving, embroidery and tailoring to destitute women
- Left parties launch Nationwide Movement in Manipur