Imphal, June 2,
There are six Public Libraries under administrative control of Ministry of Culture namely National Library, Kolkata, Central Reference Library, Kolkata, Central Secretariat Library, New Delhi, Delhi Public Library, Delhi, Khuda Bakhsh Oriental Public Library, Patna and Rampur Raza Library, Rampur.
Data regarding state-wise number of public libraries or number of libraries proposed to be set up in various parts of the country is not maintained by Ministry of Culture as Public Libraries function under the administrative control of respective State/UT Library Authorities being State Subject.
National Mission on Libraries has a scheme for providing financial assistance for upgradation of infrastructure of one State Central Library and one District Library in each State/UT as NML Model Library.
Public libraries function under the administrative control of the respective State/UT library authority. This Ministry has not received any official communication from any of the State/UT library authority in this regard.
This information was given by the Minister of State (I/c) of Culture and Tourism, Prahalad Singh Patel in a written reply in the Lok Sabha yesterday.
Latest from Maheshwar Gurumayum
- CM holds discussion with hill leaders on COVID-19
- Legal framework behind Lockdown, Curfew (sometime ‘total curfew’), Quarantine and Isolation in present situation of war against COVID – 19 in India
- ‘For 2nd installment ex-gratia for NSAP pensioners released’
- Vegetable flood at Wabagai; whereas Vegetable drought at Imphal during lock down due to pandemic COVID-19
- Continuing woes of people in the Green Zone of Manipur