Imphal, June 24,
At least 3 (Three) persons died, another 4 (four) seriously injured after a truck they were travelling fell at a gorge in Imphal-Jiribam road at around 6.30 am today.
The tragic accident happened near Biyang village under New Keithelmanbi police station, around 4 km away from Keithelmanbi along NH-37 towards Jiribam.
Report reaching here said that the accident occurred when the truck fell into the gorge while trying to overtake a vehicle before reaching to Kotlien. The casualties of today’s unfortunate accident are all labourers. They were on their way to a stone Quarry site near Kotlien.
Police team which rush to the site tried to rescue the injured.
Bodies of those died in the accident were retrieved by the police team and taken to morgue. And those injured had been rushed to the Hospital for medical treatment. Police had registered a case in connection with the case.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- Husband appointed as a consultant by MCPCR Chairperson gets Rs. 9,10,000/- as hiring charge for his own vehicles
- With by-election likely to announce anytime, hardcore state BJP workers worry as party establishment yet to be restructured
- I have asked office bearers to continue service until new appointment - Prof. S. Tikendra
- Tears still wet the eys of many widows of extrajudicial victims
- “Prejudices for unalike religions”