Imphal June 24,
In its continuous endeavour towards ensuring good health care and creating a positive synergy between Assam Rifles and the locals in its AOR, Thoubal Battalion under the aegis of HQ 9 Sect AR organised a medical camp under the Assam Rifles Civic Action Programme at IRDEO in Village Wangbal in ThoubaI District on 24 Jun from 0830 hr onwards.
A dedicated medical team comprising of Regimental Medical Officer 26 Assam Rifles, civil doctors from the District Hospital Thoubal & IRDEO medical staffs provided treatment and distributed medicines to approx 500 special children. Benefit of this mega medical camp was availed by maximum number of the Orphanages and Child Care Homes running in the Thoubal District. A wheelchair was also provided to a crippled child by the Commandant Thoubal Battalion.
The said event was also attended by Radha Kanta Singh, ADM Thoubal and K K Singh, Secretary IRDEO. On culmination, an interactive session was also organised where the Orphanages staff & children were educated about the various seasonal diseases of the upcoming monsoon and means to encounter them.
During the Medical camp a sumptuous lunch was provided to all the attendees. The entire school, orphanages faculty and children thanked the unit for its excellent efforts in conducting much needed one day Medical camp with numerous facilities.
Latest from Ashinikumar Mutum
- World Bamboo Day: RK Ranjan appeals to make Bamboo as means of employment
- Manipur’s Ambeshori Devi & Haryana’s Tamanna enter semi-finals of Junior Women’s Boxing Nationals
- Hepatitis B & C screening camp concludes at Press Club, Guwahati scribes show excellent health status
- Max Super Speciality Hospital, Vaishali, launches Support Group for Stroke patients
- Assam Governor Professor Jagadish Mukhi to Grace the 8th Convocation of Assam Don Bosco University