Imphal June 24,
A medical camp was conducted at Khamasom Waleli village of Ukhrul district by Somsai Battalion of 10 Sector Assam Rifles under the aegis of IGAR (South) on Yesterday.
The village is located in remote part of Ukhrul district partially connected to NH-202. Due to non availability of any medical assistance and remoteness of area, Assam Rifles organised medical camp for the needy which saw an active participation of a large number of villagers from Sihai, Khamasom and Waleli near Indo-Myanmar border.
The team comprised of two doctors and a pediatrician from Somsai Battalion and district hospital, Ukhrul who brought much needed medical assistance at the doorstep of the villagers. A total of 212 patients were attended during the camp.
The Assam Rifles also provided transportation to the villagers of nearby villages of Phungthar, Khamasom Khayangkho, Punghrei, Sihai and others for comfortable transit to medical camp location.
Latest from Maheshwar Gurumayum
- Education sector needs to re-evaluate disciplines offered in the context of global advancement: Minister Education
- CM inaugurates various projects through video conferencing
- AR Recovers Huge Quantity of Cash and Contraband Items
- CCTea donates tea packets to RIMS & JNIMS for front line workers
- ZP member calls on for co-operation of all sections in taking up development works