Imphal June 24,
A medical camp was conducted at Khamasom Waleli village of Ukhrul district by Somsai Battalion of 10 Sector Assam Rifles under the aegis of IGAR (South) on Yesterday.
The village is located in remote part of Ukhrul district partially connected to NH-202. Due to non availability of any medical assistance and remoteness of area, Assam Rifles organised medical camp for the needy which saw an active participation of a large number of villagers from Sihai, Khamasom and Waleli near Indo-Myanmar border.
The team comprised of two doctors and a pediatrician from Somsai Battalion and district hospital, Ukhrul who brought much needed medical assistance at the doorstep of the villagers. A total of 212 patients were attended during the camp.
The Assam Rifles also provided transportation to the villagers of nearby villages of Phungthar, Khamasom Khayangkho, Punghrei, Sihai and others for comfortable transit to medical camp location.
Latest from William Gurumayum
- Microlite Aircraft inducted To NCC
- Congress pays tribute to late PM Indira Gandhi
- Skill certificates and trade licenses distributed to PMKVY trainees
- Assam Rifle inaugurates vocational training centre and distributes solar power systems
- Manipur State Journalist Awards, 2019 conferred to 8 journalists on National Press Day