Bishnupur, June 22,
In tandem with the Prime Minister’s letter to Pradhans, Bishnupur District conducted different activities and public meetings within the district to conserve water. The letters, signed by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi, have been hand- delivered to the Pradhans through the SDO/BDO of each block and the same has been read out to the public in the presence of the officials from district administration.
Awareness campaigns around water conservation through painting competitions, tree plantation drives, cleaning of community ponds and speeches on the importance of installing water storage tanks at the community or individual household level for rain water and proper management of water were undertaken at the grassroot level through Pradhans and Ward members in the district.
Pawan Yadav, the Deputy Commissioner urged the people to nurture the planted saplings to maturity. “Planting of trees in itself is of no use if we do not take care of it and let it grow” he stated.
In the letter, the PM urged the pradhans to undertake every possible effort to save water by making trenches around the fields, build check dams and dikes, take up cleaning and rejuvenation of ponds, construct underground water storage tanks and ensure zero wastage of rain water.
Latest from William Gurumayum
- IPR Minister clarifies regarding allegation about misuse of Journalists’ fund
- 13th foundation day of Manipur State Commission for Women held; State to Host Two Days United Nations Conference: Guv Najma Heptulla
- Health Minister Jayantakumar Singh flags off Ayushman Bharat Pakhwara Rally from Kangla
- CRPF distributes Water Storage Tank to marginalized peoples of Mongsangei area
- ARMY recovers large quantities of weapons and warlike stores in Namsa