Imphal, June 19,
Few Hours rains flooded most part of Imphal areas today afternoon. Most streets including national Highway today witness rain water running on it as most drains constructed on the road sides fails to drain the rain water.
A video uploaded by a police officer while on duty show water filling some portion of the National Highway. As per his views it was the due to the encroachers by many people which created a stumbling block to the drainage system. At Yaiskul area of Imphal the few hours rain flooded the locality.
Traffic at Keishampat was disturbed as water remain logged on the road after the few hour rain.
Drainage constructed at the cost of huge amount seems no help in solving the problem.
Chingkheinganba has been a journalist for more than 4+ years and is popular among the team for his reporting style. He and his parents reside in Singjamei Chingamakha Kshetri Leikai . He holds a Masters Degree in Mass Communication from Manipur University.
Latest from Salam Chingkheinganba
- Vehicle fallen at Imphal River recovered
- Volunteers of MPCC staged sit-in-protest against price hike
- Sit in protest staged against the non availability of Head of Institution; Warns Bishop House to shut the school down if they fail to send the Father
- Anti Repression Day: Army brutalities under the shadow of draconian Act AFSPA highlighted
- Meira Paibis demands CBI enquiry to the stealing of NFSA rice