Imphal, June 19,
Few Hours rains flooded most part of Imphal areas today afternoon. Most streets including national Highway today witness rain water running on it as most drains constructed on the road sides fails to drain the rain water.
As usual the Manipur Secretariat Office (both New & Old) Complex were also flooded in the few hours rain as there are no proper drainage system till today.
A video uploaded by a police officer while on duty show water filling some portion of the National Highway. As per his views it was the due to the encroachers by many people which created a stumbling block to the drainage system. At Yaiskul area of Imphal the few hours rain flooded the locality.
Traffic at Keishampat was disturbed as water remain logged on the road after the few hour rain.
Drainage constructed at the cost of huge amount seems no help in solving the problem.
Chingkheinganba has been a journalist for more than 4+ years and is popular among the team for his reporting style. In his spare time, he teaches kids from his locality. He and his parents reside in Singjamei Chingamakha Kshetri Leikai . He holds a Masters Degree in Mass Communication from Manipur University. Chingkheinganba is available via email at [email protected]
Latest from Salam Chingkheinganba
- DM Community College started manufacturing hand sanitizers
- MSAD annual magazine ‘MAHEIROI’ formally released for Manipur
- International Mother Language Day organised
- Okram Joy threatens to throng at assembly if house fails to recognise Sanamahi as minority religion
- Concerned Citizens staged cycle rally for Freedom of Speech