Imphal, June 17,
Perhaps it was an accident, but an interesting drama folded today morning at New Delhi, after Chief Minister N. Biren Singh encountered dissident leader Minister Th. Bishwajit at Manipur Bhavan. “They didn’t even look at each other and courtesy greeting didn’t happen”, an eye witness said. The gestures of Chief Minister N. Biren Singh and Th. Bishwajit revealed that the crisis has not been solved, an MLA told Imphal Times.
Source from Delhi however said that the ongoing crisis will be solved in two or three days, but did not reveal the chemistry of how it will be solved. Restoring of the key portfolio to Minister Th. Bishwajit will be a moral defeat of Chief Minister N. Biren and accepting the decision of the Chief Minister to conduct enquiry to the department by not restoring the portfolio is again a defeat of Minister Th. Bishwajit . The wind that blows in the political theatre is not yet settled.
If the central leadership settled the issue keeping intact the position of N. Biren Singh, Th. Bishwajit had already stated that he will resign from the Ministerial post as per disclosure by a daily newspaper that interview him recently.
Image Courtesy : Pothshang
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- Land at cheaper rate to Pakistani migrants in Rajasthan
- 5th Khundongbam Brojendro Theatre Festival kicks start
- Of the highway brave hearts
- The man who helped Narendra Modi during University days happens to be a Manipuri
- Pre-school enrolment in Manipur’s Bishnupur district lowest in India – ASER report