Imphal, June 13,
A combine team of security forces comprising of NIA led by Nishant Singh DSP NIA, 6AR led by AK Das, Commandant and Imphal East Commando unit led by Inspector Md. Rajib 2 I/C CDO IE recovered a huge cache of arms and ammunition during a search operation conducted at various areas of Khumbi Hillock and Ngaraou Chingjen under Lamlai Police Station in the wee hours today.
Source said that the recovered arms and ammunitions includes one AK 56 with three AK 56 magazine, two pistols, two Chinese grenades, 180 AK rounds, ten 9 mm rounds and four . 38 rounds. They were found buried under the ground. Uniforms along with shoes were also found concealed in the cache.
The combined team believes that the arms and ammunitions recovered today belongs to outlawed organisation KCP (PWG)
As per the information received from the source it is also suspected that the recovered arms and ammunition were used in the firing accident on oil tankers in Kangpokpi in April 2017 and also in extortion of money under the command of s/s chairman of KCP (PWG) Moirangthem Rana Meetei @Paikhomba @Rana pratap @ Rana Suchikar.
Chingkheinganba has been a journalist for more than 4+ years and is popular among the team for his reporting style. In his spare time, he teaches kids from his locality. He and his parents reside in Singjamei Chingamakha Kshetri Leikai . He holds a Masters Degree in Mass Communication from Manipur University. Chingkheinganba is available via email at [email protected]
Latest from Salam Chingkheinganba
- AMWJU hits back to IPR; says the staffs don’t know the meaning of accredited journalists
- Detention of persons released on bail is a hideous crime - HRDM
- Union Health Minister assures to enhance medical institutions of the state
- Foundation stone laid for the first museum of tribal freedom fighters at Makhel Village in Senapati
- Four persons released through bail in July by CJM Churachandpur still in judicial custody till date