Imphal, June 13,
A combine team of security forces comprising of NIA led by Nishant Singh DSP NIA, 6AR led by AK Das, Commandant and Imphal East Commando unit led by Inspector Md. Rajib 2 I/C CDO IE recovered a huge cache of arms and ammunition during a search operation conducted at various areas of Khumbi Hillock and Ngaraou Chingjen under Lamlai Police Station in the wee hours today.
Source said that the recovered arms and ammunitions includes one AK 56 with three AK 56 magazine, two pistols, two Chinese grenades, 180 AK rounds, ten 9 mm rounds and four . 38 rounds. They were found buried under the ground. Uniforms along with shoes were also found concealed in the cache.
The combined team believes that the arms and ammunitions recovered today belongs to outlawed organisation KCP (PWG)
As per the information received from the source it is also suspected that the recovered arms and ammunition were used in the firing accident on oil tankers in Kangpokpi in April 2017 and also in extortion of money under the command of s/s chairman of KCP (PWG) Moirangthem Rana Meetei @Paikhomba @Rana pratap @ Rana Suchikar.
Chingkheinganba has been a journalist for more than 4+ years and is popular among the team for his reporting style. He and his parents reside in Singjamei Chingamakha Kshetri Leikai . He holds a Masters Degree in Mass Communication from Manipur University.
Latest from Salam Chingkheinganba
- Few hours rains flooded Imphal; Water logged on the street at many places
- Fitting tribute paid to martyrs of 2001 June uprising
- Societal understanding will help improve the rehabilitated individuals: Th. Radheshyam
- 7 shops 1 house gutted; property worth Crores reportedly destroyed
- Multi-purpose Community Hall inaugurated at Mukuilongdi village, Senapati