Imphal, June 6,
Land Donors Association of 44- Yaithibi Loukol staged a torch rally from Langthabal Khunou to Lousi khongjao, Imphal Moreh Road, yesterday evening in protest against the proposal for establishment of Fruit park instead of the National Sports University.
The protestors strongly opposed the proposal saying that “No Other Project Except National Sport University At 44- Yaithibi Loukol”.
In a press statement the protestors said that the locals of the area has consented in giving up their farming lands in consideration of welfare and progress in the future when the state government had proposed to construct a National Sports University. Now, the Sports University has been constructed elsewhere. The people of the 44- Yaithibi Loukol now demanded the State government to return their farming lands as soon as possible.
“If the government didn’t listen the voice of the 44- Yaithibi Loukol various kinds of agitation will be launched”, the statement said.
Rabi Takhellambam, a resident of Kairembikhok Mayai Leikai, ThoubaI District has been in the field of Journalism for more than 10 years. Rabi, is well known for his reporting from Thoubal side and Indo-Myanmar border. Rabi is also a member of All Manipur Working Journalist Union, the parent body of Journalist Union in Manipur.
Latest from Rabi Takhellambam
- “Mr. India Grand Universe” Vikas Usham felicitated
- Chandel District Yet to receive NREGS wages
- Awards distributed to meritorious students of Patsoi Assembly Constituency
- Discourse on the problems of Manipur held
- ATRPFM to hold State level consultative meeting for Village Chief/ Headman/Chairman under Six Autonomous Districts of Manipur